I offer range of services customized to meet your needs. These include:
- Individual, Couples & Family Therapy
- Trauma & Abuse
- Family Violence/ Abuse
- Relationship issues
- Self-Esteem / Personal Growth
- Cross-cultural Counselling
- Depression / Anxiety / Mood
- Anger Management
- Parent-child Relationship conflicts
- Individual sessions are 50 minutes long: $120 per session
- Couples therapy sessions are 75 minutes long: $150 per session
- Parenting support sessions are 75 minute long: $150 per session
- Group therapy sessions are 90 minutes long: $250 per individual**
The recommended fee schedule from the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors can be found here.
*Please provide 24 hours notice for appointments that need to be cancelled, or the full session fee will be charged. [Extenuating circumstances will be considered.]
Check with your insurance company if they cover the services of the Registered Clinical Counsellor (BCACC).
Payment is due at the beginning of each counselling session. Methods of payment accepted at this time are cash, e-transfer or cheque payable to Zari Abtahi.
Extended Healthcare Plan
Clinical Counselling services are not covered by our standard medical care plan. Many extended health benefit plans (e.g. Blue Cross, Sunlife, ManuLife, Great West Life, etc.) will reimburse you for the services of a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) or a Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC). Zari is certified as both an RCC and CCC. Check your plan’s details to see if you are eligible.
If your plan covers you for counselling or psychotherapy services, you will pay Zari for the cost of the session in full, and then submit your receipt to your extended health care provider for reimbursement.
** For a successful outcome, 6 sessions are recommended for groups of more than 5 participants